Compilation and Makefiles (ITI8510)
|Real-Time Operating Systems and Systems Programming|
|[ @ ]|
Here we want to be on the same page regarding some compilation topics.
- Create a program which consists of multiple files, each containing a single function. Functions would be as follows: main(), func1() and func2(). Main should call these functions. Also add the header files for func1 and func2.
- Compile the program, run it.
- Show how the preprocessor affects the compilation of main.c (save the file)
- Show the assembly code of main.c (save the file before translation to the machine code).
- Create a makefile for the compilation.
- Modify the makefile so that you compile .o files, then link them together into a working program.