Details of the KR second lab in 2021
The task in the second lab is to use logic reasoners for question answering (pure symbolic ai):
- present a selected large subset of your geodata int the reasoner usable form.
- write rules for deriving new knowledge (facts) from the database. Write at least 30 rules.
- write a number of interesting nontrivial queries (at least five different) and demonstrate how the reasoner solves them.
During the defence of the lab you will have to make a presentation of all these three parts and demonstrate how the reasoner can answer a number of questions.
Bear in mind that in the third lab we will add two new parts:
- a small natural language understanding component to automatically generate (a) some additional facts (b) the queries like the ones you manually write in this lab.
- uncertain facts and rules with the approximate confidence
- Try out the web version of the gkc reasoner from logictools.org
- Download and use the command line version from the latest gkc release and read the tutorial-style README in gkc/Examples explaining the use of the command line version.
In the third lab we will additionally use a special commonsense-reasoning-with-confidences branch confer of gkc. We will not use it for the second lab.